Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Tulips...

Even though it is only the middle of February I'm wishing for Spring..the pathetic thing is that it probably won't feel like Spring here in Wisconsin until the middle of April..if we are lucky..YAAA!! I can do it, I can do it!! Anyway, I'm always looking for inspiration for my creations and was going through Nora's clothes the other day and found this adorable tulip dress...I thought I have to make this into a card!! I looked through all my stamp sets from PTI and knew right away that the small leaf stamp from the Out on a Limb set would work great...So, I got to work.. I first traced my stems with pencil and then did some faux stitching.. First time doing it as you can tell..but hey, the only way to get better at something is to practice...(If you have any suggestions on ways to execute faux stiching please share it with me!) I then stamped my tulips onto the stems...I colored the inside of the tulips with my 3-d paint pens.. I really liked how that turned out..it added some dimension to the flowers. I then took the larger 3 leaved stamp from the same set and colored only one leaf to form my small leaves below the flower and on the stems. I finished the design off by stamping the grass from the set My Punny Valentine. I added the sentiment Easter Wishes and finished off with some ribbons and jeweled brads!! Come on Spring!!

No comments: