Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Something fun to try...

I created this thank you card today that I would like to share with you..it was so fun to create and definitely is a bit unique...

I used the sentiment Thanks so much from the PTI set Out on a Limb..I stamped it in black across the paper and repeated this three more times so I had a total of 4 lines. I then stamped this same sentiment in red on a separate piece of paper exactly as I had stamped the black. This is a bit time consuming because I really had to make sure to follow the black pattern as close as possible. I then took my small square punch and randomly punched out 6 squares from the red pattern making sure to remember where they were in the pattern. I then placed each red square over the same black pattern using dimensionals. It really adds depth to my card and is definitely something a bit unique... I just love the contrasting colors of red and black..it always dresses up a card to the classy level!! Just thought I would share a little technique with you!!

..................................................................................

Supplies: Cardstock: Prism red, white, black

Stamps: Papertrey Ink/Out on a Limb

Embellishments: Velvet ribbon/hobby lobby; brads and jewels/Paper studio

Other: Small scalloped scissors; dimensionals; glue dots

No comments: