Thursday, January 10, 2008

Basket made with love

Now that I'm a mom one of my favorite times of the day is right before falling asleep. I have just checked on my babies and they are peacefully sleeping..(best feeling in the whole world) I crawl into my bed, sink my head into my pillow and find my cozy position...I say my prayers and then the ideas just start flowing..I try and think of ways to alter my cards and to come up with something completely new! I eventually fall asleep and dream of my ideas.. Once I awake in the morning I find my journal, jot down my fresh ideas and then look forward to the time I can try them out!! Well, one of my bedtime ideas came to me the other night.. One of the stamp sets from Papertrey Ink that I received from my brother Ben for Christmas(thanks Ben.. love you) is called My Punny Valentine.. some of the stamps included in this set are strawberries with a small twist..they look like hearts!! For some reason I kept thinking of a basket full of strawberries..So, the next day I starting playing around with paper and made an adorable basket out of long, thin strips of paper..it was actually fairly simple and easy to make! The great thing about it is that it can be made to any size that you would like..I think it really turned out cute and it can be used for so many different projects/themes..I'm really looking forward to Easter..so many ideas... Once the basket was complete I stamped ribbon with the smaller strawberry stamp to go along my handle. I then added ribbon around the basket that held my sentiment..Love you Berry Much!! I knew I had to fill my basket with "strawberries" and found the yummy Strawberry and Creme Lifesavers. If you are familiar with Nichole Heady's creations she is known for her label designs...She takes white mailing labels and creates stamps to fill in the area..she then uses those to cover different candies..so, in this case I used her small strawberry stamp to go along with one of her label stamps from her new stamp set Limitless Labels. I cut it out to fit around the lifesaver..It couldn't have worked out more perfect.. And now I have a basket full of "strawberries" made with love!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful! I LOVE It!