Monday, March 17, 2008

More Snow...blah..

It was somewhat of a depressing day today..I woke up to it snowing outside..I'm sooo sick of the snow..I thought I wouldn't have to see it until next year but I should have known...it does this every year to us Midwesterners..just when we think it is going to get warm, it goes and snows on us. Please Spring, I know you are out there somewhere!!! And, I didn't make honorable mention again this month..I was really hoping to but not a big deal..there were some really neat entries and I'm sure it is impossible for Nichole to pick only 10...I'll just keep trying and who knows..maybe win gueststar stamper!!! That would be crazy... I'm looking forward to my new stamp sets arriving.. I broke down today and ordered a bit more..Brian is going to kill me.. I had to get the new colored cardstock in Sweet Blush and Berry Sorbet..Love those names.. I created a few cards today while the kids were napping. I used the Women of Life set..I really enjoy this set and think Melissa did a great job on designing it. I just love the flower pattern and the versatility of changing up the centers. The first card is a thank you for my mother-in-law. I love cutting out the stamped flowers and stacking them on top of one another. I think it really adds an uniqueness to the card. I also clear embossed the flower image to the background. I love how it picks up light at different angles. I also included the sentiment, "To the world you may just be one person, but to one person you may be the world" inside the card. I just love that saying and thought it was fitting for this thank you card. The second card I created was a birthday card for my sister-in-law. This time around I used the large flower set and placed jewels as my centers. I had to try out my new crop-a-dile and put in the purple eyelets...(it was a bit confusing at first and it seemed to take some of the paint off my eyelets..has this ever happened to anyone else??? any suggestions would be great!!!) As I'm looking at both my cards I noticed I was in a purple mood..it has to be the weather and the fact that I'm drawn to purple and green!! Thanks for looking!!

No comments: