Monday, April 14, 2008

Jen Sketch!!

I was so excited this morning..I got a very nice comment from Jen Del Muro on my blog..I just love her work and it was so nice of her to come over to my blog and take a peek..well, I stopped over at her blog once again this morning and saw one of her sketches..I thought I would give it a try.. I had bought some cute patterned paper from Paper Studio that I used as my color scheme..I was thinking "boy" birthday for some reason so that is what I went for. I haven't had a chance to use the cute little jungle animals from the Stampendous set I just bought so thought I would incorporate those, as well. I just love that little giraffe..so cute.. I masked off his ears a bit so I could stamp a party hat on his hat. The party hat stamp is actually from the It's a Celebration set from PTI..it is one of the small banners..I just flipped it over and used it as a hat instead...I went through and stamped a small star in each of the circles on the patterned paper.. and placed clear circular pebbles randomly on a few of the circles..I just love those pebbles..they are just a unique little detail... I felt like a needed a band of some sort to tie it all together..(hopefully, it didn't add too much).. It was pretty funny because about 6 years ago, when I was in college I worked at a Michael's..I had a great discount and would basically spend my paycheck every week on everything in the store..well, I was really into the decorative scissors at the time and bought every kind..I was looking through them this morning and found this particular style that I used on the bottom portion of my sentiment... I thought it coordinated well with the giraffe's spots... thanks for the fun sketch Jen!!!

.................................................................................................................................
Supplies
Patterned Paper: Paper Studio
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Clear Stamps: (Giraffe)Stampendous; (Sentiment, exclamation, party hat, star) Papertrey Ink
Ink: Palette Hybrid Inks
Accents: Clear circular pebbles; orange brads; decorative scissors; edge distressor

No comments: