Thursday, April 17, 2008

April Papertrey Ink Submissions...

I thought I would share a few of my creations I did for the April Gueststar stamper contest over at Papertrey Ink!! I had so much fun creating this month and just fell in love with each of the stamp sets I had purchased..I just wish I could afford all of them..There isn't one that I don't like..they are all amazing..I just wish I could get my husband to read this..Mother's Day is coming up here and a new stamp set would make a wonderful gift...LOL!! Anyway, the first card I created I used the flower image from Boxes, Bags and Tags..I stamped the larger flower and cut out the smaller flower to give some depth to the card. I used the stem image from the Spiral Bouquet set and I really like the simplicity of it. I created the flower pot from PTI cardstock and stamped and embossed the sentiment from the Birthday Basics set. One thing I love about this set is that many of the sayings can be used for other cards besides Birthday. There are some really heartwarming sentiments. I also incorporated the new PTI patterned paper and grosgrain ribbon. Both of those products are so nice to use.

The second card I would like to share is a Birthday Giftcard I created using the stamps from It's a Celebration. I love the party hats in this set but for this particular card, they seemed a bit big. So, I noticed when I turned the small banner flags upside down, they looked just like little party hats. I used my scalloped square cuttlebug die-cut, as well as my Marvy small circle punch. I also used the star stamp from this set but masked the little star so I just had the one bigger star to use. I used my small two punch for my ribbon and created this "envelope" card. Once you open the card, I stamped a Birthday sentiment from Birthday Basics in the center. I then just take my giftcard and place two small dimensionals on the back of the giftcard. I then place it over the sentiment I stamped. What I have found useful when doing this is to really push the dimensionals onto the back of the giftcard so they will stick to the giftcard and not the paper once removed from the card. I just love the pop that these colors give..a great "boy" combination.
The final creation I would like to share with you is this birthday boy combo set!! As I said earlier, I just love the adorable party hats in It's a Celebration. So, I decided to create a birthday theme around the hats. I first created a card and matching tag that would accompany the present. I cut out the small party hats and attached string to the bottoms. I just love that little detail because it really makes them look like party hats. Who doesn't remember squeezing their little chin under those things..OUCH!! I took one of the small glassine bags from PTI and filled it with green m&m's and created a placecard that would have each child's name on them. I also took one of the small square tins to give as a party favor. I didn't include the picture here but I took 4 mini snicker bars and white labels. I stamped the white labels with one of the simple label stamps from Limitless Labels and in the center stamped a small party hat. They looked really cute around the mini snickers and fit nicely inside the tin. My son will be turning 3 here in July and I may actually use this as his theme..if only I can get him away from Choo-Choo Trains..that's going to be tricky!! LOL.. Thanks for looking!!!

No comments: