Friday, May 9, 2008

I'm still here...

I haven't been the best blogger here lately..sorry!! I have been busy with a little project on the side and haven't had time to create for fun and post on my blog..I actually was creating some cards to share with a shop owner here in town to see if she would be interested in selling some of my cards. So, for the past few weeks I have been busy creating, creating and creating!! I had the meeting yesterday and it went fairly well.. she seemed interested in some of my cards and wants me to create Christmas cards that she will sell during that time. I was a bit confused about waiting until Christmas until I realized that shop owners have to think that far in advance for their stores. She will be going to market here in a few days to purchase Christmas items..crazy..so, I'm really looking forward to having the opportunity to create cards and share them with others..hopefully, I can create some magical, one of a kind cards that people will be drawn to! We will see and I will keep you posted!! I was organizing my crafting area(kitchen table..ahh..I need my own space..my husband is planning on creating a little nook for me in the basement soon!!) and I can across the My Punny Valentine set..I just love that stamp set!! Well, I saw the little sheep..one of my favorites and decided to create simple, fun and trendy baby cards that I would have on hand to give..I have several friends and family having babies right now and thought it would be much easier to mass produce this baby card by changing up the colors..blue/brown for boy and pink/brown for girl.. I love Kraft paper so used that as my base card..I then used my rounder punch to create a scalloped edge along the bottom..I did a very small amount of distressing with brown ink around the edge of the card..it just gives it a more cozy feel. I then punched a medium sized scalloped oval onto the base color and also punched out a larger sized scalloped oval from cream vellum for the body of the sheep. I stamped the head and legs onto Kraft paper, cut out and placed using dimensionals. What new mom wouldn't love getting this little card...and I just love the color combo along with the polka dots! Too fun!!
Thanks for looking!!

No comments: