Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Papertrey Ink Gueststar Stamper

Hello..now that the 14th has finally arrived I can share some of my projects that I submitted for the GSS over at Papertrey Ink!! I loved the stamp sets from this past month but just didn't have the time to submit a lot of work for the contest... The first card I submitted was inspired by a baby quilt I saw in the Land of Nod catalog...I receive so many baby catalogs in the mail and this is where I find much of my inspirations..color combinations, patterns, themes..it really helps when you are having a creative block...I used the Garden of Life set for my card to create my "patterned paper" and the sentiment is also from the same set. My camera picked up the glare from my flower embellishments..they are not that shiny in real life(sorry).. I really enjoy creating my own "patterned paper" with the PTI stamps...the possibilities are endless!! My second submission was a bit outside the box...that is another reason I love using clear stamps, especially from PTI..the stamps come in pieces so you can always find other ways to use them besides their main purpose.. When I first say the sentiment from "May your dreams take flight" I immediately thought of a little bird ready to take flight..I do not own a bird stamp so I thought I would just create my own...For this card I used several of my PTI sets..The tree branch is from Take a Bough and the leaves and berries are from Out on a Limb. I created my little birdie by using the larger leaf stamp from Pond life for his body, I used the smaller, skinner leaf stamp from Pond Life for his front wing, I used only the one side of the double leaf lily flower stamp from Pond life for his back wing...His head is the flower center stamp from Garden of Life, his little legs are from the cattails from Pond Life, his little beak is the turtle's tail from Pond Life and his eyes are from the bubbles from Pond Life(I used the larger open circle and the smaller closed circle from each bubble "set". Some tips on replicating his tummy..make sure to use a darker color for wings and head or you see the body through the wings otherwise, mask off half of the body where the wings go so that part of the stamp does not get ink on it.. My third submission was once again an out of the box card..I saw this flower stamp in my Garden of Life set and for some reason lollipops popped into my head..So, that is what I created..I stamped and cut out the flower and then took a small plastic snack baggie and placed it over the flower..I twisted the baggy and then cut it and tied it off with a ribbon..the lollipop sticks were created by stamping the stem from Garden of life and cutting them out. I used the sentiment how sweet it is from It's a Celebration..Next time I do this I'm going to try and recreate the original colorful lollipops that you would get at the fair...I loved those!!! Thanks for looking..I'll be back later to post more submissions!! Bridget

4 comments:

B said...

Congrats on the GSS!!! :-) I loved your projects - that patterned paper is gorgeous and was definitely a well-deserved win! I also think the lollypops are adorable!!

Alisha said...

Love the card that one! Clever use of the flowers and leaves....

I cracked up when I saw your lollipop card because I had submitted a lollipop card too. Either great minds think alike or we both have a sweet tooth!

Congrats!

Alisha said...

oops, meant to say... I love the card that WON (not one):)

Alicia Weiman said...

Congratulations! I saw your cards last night before they picked the winners and I really liked the one with the lolly pops....how creative. Great work. That is so exciting for you!